Saturday 19 February 2022

B-17 F-95-BO, "Battle Queen – Peg of my Heart" Regensburg mission, August 17, 1943 - I hate 'colorised' images #2

 


I don't much care for colorized photos although the net (and certain publications like Andy Saunder's dreadful 'Iron Cross') are full of them. This particular image though caught my eye as being quite well done, although with everyone wearing 'blue' or 'white' its obvious that the 'colorizer' (I'm not calling him an artist ..) got tired of shuffling pixels around..

It depicts B-17 F-95-BO, Serial Nr. 42-30315, Marking: S, named "Battle Queen – Peg of my Heart" 8th Air Force, 390th BG, (569th BS), based at Framlingham, England following a belly-landing in Utzenstorf, Switzerland on 17 August 1943, the Regensburg mission. Image via the 390th BG Memorial musuem at Framlingham/Parham airfield and 'Increbile Colorization Photos'


The RAF-Waffe visit Framlingham, home to the 390th BG


Are colorized images 'fraud'?